Healthy Beef Chili
This Healthy Beef Chili is packed with protein, fiber, minerals, antioxidants and more. I like to use 96% ground beef but you can make it with ground turkey as well.
Servings 10 people
- 2 pounds 96% ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice 1 29-ounce
- 1 can tomato purée 1 15-ounce
- 1 can red kidney beans drained (15-ounce)
- 1 can pinto beans drained (15-ounce)
- 1 medium-large onion chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoon chili powder use 1/4 cup for more spicy less chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin use more for real flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
Drain off the fat (if any).
In a large crockpot, add the beef and the remaining ingredients
Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 3 hours on low.
Serve warm with crackers or cornbread.
Serving: 2cup | Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 694mg | Potassium: 1233mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 36mg