Healthy Beef Chili
This Healthy Beef Chili is packed with protein, fiber, minerals, antioxidants and more. I like to use 96% ground beef but you can make it with ground turkey as well.
Servings 10 people
- 2 pounds 96% ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice 1 29-ounce
- 1 can tomato purée 1 15-ounce
- 1 can red kidney beans drained (15-ounce)
- 1 can pinto beans drained (15-ounce)
- 1 medium-large onion chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoon chili powder use 1/4 cup to make it spicy
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
Drain off the fat (if any).
While the beef is cooking, turn the crockpot to low to start warming it up and start adding the remaining ingredients.
*See note for cooking it on stovetop.
Cover the slow-cooker with lid and let the chili simmer for 4 hours on low.
Serve warm with crackers or cornbread.
- In a large pot, cook the beef as noted above.
- Add the remaining of ingredients.
- Simmer on very low heat for 2 hours or until all of the flavors have developed well. Make sure not to cook it on very strong heat since it'll dry it out too quickly.
- Stir often so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
Serving: 2cup | Sodium: 694mg | Calcium: 10mg | Vitamin C: 22mg | Vitamin A: 17IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 13g | Potassium: 1233mg | Cholesterol: 57mg | Calories: 336kcal | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 33g | Carbohydrates: 42g | Iron: 36mg