Agua de Jamaica - only 2 ingredient Hibiscus Tea
Agua De Jamaica is a fragrant, refreshing, and beautiful Mexican drink. This Jamaica Recipe is the ultimate party drink or to enjoy with your meals at home.
Servings 16 cups
- 2 cups dried jamaica flowers also known as hibiscus or flor de Jamaica
- 16 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
In a large pot, place the 2 cups of dried Jamaica and 8 cups of water.
Over medium high heat, bring it to a soft boil for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add the sugar and stir well until all of the sugar is dissolved.
Add the remaining of the water and let it cool (I let mine sit overnight covered on my counter since I like it to have a strong flavor!)
Strain. Taste for sugar and water and add more if necessary.
Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve over ice.
No calorie sweeteners options
- Keep in refrigerator in an air tight container until ready to use and serve over ice.
- You can make a concentrate (without adding the last cups of water) and keep refrigerated for up to 1 month.
Good to know
- To keep the sugar intake low, just add stevia or truvia instead of sugar.
- Agua De Jamaica is made from Hibiscus Sabdariffa
Serving: 8oz | Sodium: 5mg | Sugar: 12g | Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g