Blackened Salmon Tacos
Blackened Salmon Tacos made with a delicious & easy to make homemade rub. Top them with corn salsa, cilantro lime ranch crema & queso fresco to give them an extra amazing flavor!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb wild salmon
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil divided
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine flour, chili powder, paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat 2 tbsp of avocado oil.
Add the remaining of the oil on the salmon fillets and rub the spice mixture on both sides of the salmon.
Place coated salmon in preheated skillet and cook 4-5 minutes per side until outside is lightly blackened and center of fillet is cooked through and opaque.
- If the salmon still has the skin on, place non-skin side down first.
- Calories do not include tortilla or toppings
- Top it with this Corn Salsa & this Cilantro Lime Ranch, crumbled queso fresco or your favorite light cheese.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Iron: 10mg