Mexican Pickled Onions
An easy recipe for Mexican Pickled Onions using red onions and lime juice as your base. A very popular condiment in Mexico for tacos & tortas.
Servings 2 cups
- 1 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 limes juiced
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
In a glass bowl or jar, add all ingredients and toss to combine.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Taste again before serving and add salt if needed.
- The onions will turn into a deep pink color the longer they're cured in the lime juice. I usually prepare this the night before I plan to serve them.
- Can be stored in refrigerator, covered for up to 1 week.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 2mg