Vino Navegado, is a Chilean warm wine drink that is very popular in south Chile. It's the perfect way to drink red wine during cold nights!
Servings 6 glasses
- 1 bottle of good quality red wine. Merlot or cabernet sauvignon work well.
- 2 Darling Clementines sliced with peel on + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup white sugar or more to taste
- 3 anise stars & 1 cinnamon stick optional
In a small to medium saucepan, add all ingredients.
Warm wine mixture over low-medium heat, stirring once in a while. DO NOT boil!
Lower heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Serve warm in hot tea cups or mugs. Garnish with Clementine slices, cinnamon sticks. You may also garnish with herbs like rosemary, sage or thyme for more texture.
- Do not boil the wine mixture or it may become bitter.
- For a more thick consistency, simmer the wine in low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. The alcohol will evaporate more so the final product will contain less alcohol.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g