Chicken Green Chilaquiles
Chilaquiles is a Mexican classic dish made with tortilla chips, smothered in green or red sauce, and other main ingredients such as melted cheese, corn kernels, shredded chicken, beef, shrimp, chorizo or fried eggs.
Servings 4 people
- 12 corn tortillas cut into triangles
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups of homemade tomatillo sauce or store bought
- 1/3 cup Chichuahua cheese or monterrey jack cheese shredded
- sliced radish optional for garnish
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush the corn tortillas triangles with olive oil (use 2 Tbsp or as much as needed) and place on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake for about 6 minutes or until slightly brown and crispy. Set aside
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium heat and add onions. Cook until soft.
Add the corn & shredded chicken. Season with salt & pepper.
Add the crispy tortilla chips to the skillet then add the tomatillo sauce and mix well.
Cook for another minute or two and remove from heat.
Add the cheese and cover until the cheese is melted.
Serve while it's hot with rice or beans.
- You can make the Tomatillo Sauce ahead of time to save time for weeknight dinners.
- Using rotisserie chicken will save additional time as well!
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1065mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 11mg