Chilaquiles Verdes (Green Chilaquiles) Recipe
With a tangy green salsa and corn tortillas, this classic Chilaquiles Verdes is ideal for brunch, dinner, or anytime in between.
Servings 4 people
- 12 corn tortillas cut into triangles
- 3 Tablespoons avocado or vegetable oil For baking the tortillas. See note below
- 2 cups homemade Tomatillo Salsa Verde or store bought
- ⅓ cup queso fresco or cotija crumbled
- 2 to 4 eggs optional
- ½ cup mexican crema or cilantro Lime Rancho Crema
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brush the corn tortillas triangles with olive oil (use 2 Tbsp or as much as needed) and place on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly brown and crispy. Set aside
Meanwhile, add the 2 cups of Salsa Verde in a medium pan and simmer until hot.
Add the crispy tortilla chips to the pan with the Salsa Verde and fold until all of the tortillas are covered.
Serve immediately while the tortillas are crispy
Top with crumbled queso fresco and drizzle some Mexican crema or my Cilantro Lime Rancho Crema Serve with fried eggs (optional) and refried beans.
- You can skip the baking process and fry the tortillas in hot oil until evenly crispy. Start with one cup of hot oil.
- You can make the Tomatillo Sauce ahead of time to save time for weeknight dinners.
- Using rotisserie chicken will save additional time as well!
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1065mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 11mg