This Cilantro Lime Ranch Mexican Crema will be a staple for your Mexican recipes. It goes perfect on tacos, drizzled on roasted vegetables, enchiladas and more!
Friends, I have the perfect way to bring your Mexican Crema to a higher level!
I’ve been serving this jazzed up crema on my tacos for about 7 years now and recently got hooked on serving it on other dishes like tortas & enchiladas.
It’s so easy to make and comes together in 5 minutes. It’s nice to have some handy in your fridge for when you need it.
I like to add lime juice, cilantro and buttermilk ranch seasoning to give my dishes that extra zing I always crave. These flavors compliment your savory dishes without overpowering the main flavor.
How to make this Mexican Cream
- It’s as simple as combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk with a fork until all ingredients are mixed well.
- You may make this head of time and store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks
Ingredient notes for Mexican Crema:
- The ingredients in this recipe are very accessible in most areas but I have these suggestions for substitutions in case you can’t find them or if you prefer something else:
- Instead of almond milk you can use coconut milk, regular cow milk (2% & skim), or your preferred milk for that matter.
- For the nonfat plain yogurt, you could substitute regular plain yogurt or sour cream.
2. The buttermilk ranch seasoning comes in powder form and you can find it in the dressing isle of your grocery store. I use this one from Hidden Valley
This Cilantro Lime Ranch Crema go perfectly with these Blackened Salmon Tacos
Did you make this recipe!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 Gracias!!!!
Cilantro Lime Ranch Crema
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt you can also use sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro about a small handful, finely chopped.
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk with a fork until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks