This Cilantro Lime Ranch Mexican Crema will be a staple for your Mexican recipes. It goes perfect on tacos, drizzled on roasted vegetables, enchiladas and more!
This is the sister recipe for Chipotle Crema and both will satisfy all of your cravings for all that creamy goodness!
Friends, I have the perfect way to bring your Mexican Crema to a higher level!
It's so easy to make and comes together in 5 minutes. It's nice to have some handy in your fridge for when you need it.
I like to add lime juice, cilantro and buttermilk ranch seasoning to give my dishes that extra zing I always crave. These flavors compliment your savory dishes without overpowering the main flavor.
The ingredients in this recipe are very accessible in most areas but I have these suggestions for substitutions in case you can't find them or if you prefer something else.
- Reduced fat mayonnaise - I like to use reduced fat but you can use regular as well.
- Yogurt - I use nonfat plain Greek yogurt. Substitutes with regular plain yogurt or sour cream.
- Milk - I use almond milk but regular milk will do: oat milk, whole milk, 2% & skim. Do not use coconut milk as this tends to have a very strong flavor and it will change results.
- Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning - comes in powder form and you can find it in the dressing isle of your grocery store. I use this one from Hidden Valley
- Cilantro about a small handful, finely chopped.
- Garlic powder
- Fresh lime juice.
How to make this Mexican Crema
- It's as simple as combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk with a fork until all ingredients are mixed well.
- You may make this head of time and store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks
What to Serve Mexican Cream With
As a condiment, this Mexican Crema has a unique flavor all its own. I've been serving this jazzed up crema on my seafood tacos for about 7 years now, but recently I got hooked on serving it on other dishes like tortas & enchiladas.
This Cilantro Lime Ranch Crema go perfectly with these Blackened Salmon Tacos !!! If you haven't made them yet, you're missing out!
Did you make this recipe!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below? Gracias!!!!
Cilantro Lime Ranch Crema
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt you can also use sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk or regular milk (see notes)
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro about a small handful, finely chopped.
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk with a fork until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks
This recipe was originally published in March 2014. Post has been updated to be show step by step photos and to be more helpful.