The Chamomile Tequila Sour is a MUST have delicious cocktail ! You’ll enjoy this refreshing cocktail that’s sure to impress your guests.
The first time I had a “sour” drink was an Amaretto Sour at Bandera’s restaurant and I quickly fell in love with it. Being a tequila lover, I started drinking tequila sours right after! I think the lime juice, with the sweet chamomile infused simple syrup go perfect together.
For this recipe I only use a few ingredients that you probably have on hand already :
- For the chamomile simple syrup,use regular chamomile tea bags, white sugar, no calorie sweetener and water.
- Note: Regular simple syrup is made with sugar only but for this recipe I use half (regular) & half (no calorie sweetener). This reduces the amount of calories and avoids the after taste that sometimes occurs when using no-calorie sweeteners.
- To make the cocktail you need fresh lime juice, a good tequila like Corralejo or Chamucos , chamomile simple syrup, lime slices or chamomile flowers for garnish, 2 ounces fresh lime juice from about 2 large limes and 1.5 ounces of tequila
How to make a Chamomile Tequila Sour
Make ahead: the simple syrup can be made ahead of time. You can keep it covered in your fridge for up to a month.
- Combine water, sugar and natural sweetener in a small saucepan and bring to a soft boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar. At this point steep the chamomile tea bags for at least 30 minutes
- To mix, just add the lime juice, tequila, and chamomile simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for about 15 seconds.
- Pour and enjoy!
Chamomile Tequila Sour
A MUST have delicious Chamomile Tequila Sour! It’s made by brewing chamomile tea in low-cal simple syrup that’s made ahead of time and kept in your fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Mexican
For the Chamomile Simple Syrup:
- 4 chamomile tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 packets of no calorie natural sweetener
- 1 cup water
For Each Cocktail:
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice from about 2 large limes
- 1.5 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces chamomile simple syrup
- Lime wedges for garnish
For the Chamomile Simple Syrup:
- Add the water, sugar and natural sweetener in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a soft boil and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Immediately remove from heat and add the chamomile tea bags.
- Steep for 30 minutes then remove the tea bags.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
- Combine lime juice, tequila, and chamomile simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice.
- Shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Pour into glass, garnish with a lime wedge.
The simple syrup will be enough for about 6 glasses
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Tequila cocktails, Tequila Sour, Tequila sour no egg white.
This recipe was originally published in July 2018 and was updated in April 2019 to include more instructions. Salud!
Here are other tequila drinks you might like: