Paloma is a classic & popular Mexican cocktail that is very simple to make. For this version all you need is tequila, grapefruit juice, a little bit of Squirt soda and a splash of fresh lime juice.
Did you know that next to Margaritas, Palomas are one of the most popular drinks in Mexico? It’s good to see that its become very popular in the United States! About 5-6 years ago not many people knew about this drink. My husband and I had to tell the bartenders how to make us one! And now, it’s so popular here that most places have it on their menu. We can’t complain about their popularity! We love being able to order Palomas everywhere. The best is still making them at home though. They’re so easy to mix!
If you haven’t given them a try, I hope you do soon 🙂
- 1 shot tequila
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 fresh lime wedge
- 1 shot Squirt
- 1 lime or grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Fill the glass with crushed ice
- Add the tequila, grapefruit juice and Squirt
- Add one small squeeze of lime from wedge
- Stir well and garnish with a lime or grapefruit wedge
* Note: Glasses in photos are for effect and much larger than what this recipe calls for.