This delicious & refreshing Paloma Cocktail is a blend of tequila, grapefruit juice, a little bit of squirt and a splash of lime. It's the perfect drink for any occasion.
Did you know that next to Margaritas, Palomas are one of the most popular drinks in Mexico?
In this post you’ll find:
This cocktail contains fresh juice, which usually dictates that the drink must be shaken, it is nonetheless often built in the glass in which it is served.
But shaking the drink and then straining it into an ice-filled highball works as well, and arguably leads to a better integrated cocktail. The best is still making them at home though. They're so easy to mix!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Whip Up a Paloma Cocktail
Simple ingredients make such a delightful cocktail. Don’t skimp on the Tequila! A high quality silver goes a long way in flavor and smoothness. Here’s what you’ll need to make today's drink (see recipe card for details):
- Good quality tequila
- Fresh grapefruit juice
- Fresh lime wedge
- Squirt soda - this ingredient will make it perfectly sweetened.
- Lime or grapefruit wedges for garnishing
What kind of tequila works best?
For mixed drinks, Mr. Delish and I like to use a good tequila such Corralejo Reposado. We usually save the best ones for when we choose to sip tequila versus adding it to mixed drinks
How to make a Paloma Cocktail
- Start by filling up a cocktail glass with crushed ice. All the way to the top!
- Then add the tequila, grapefruit juice and Squirt.
- Add one small squeeze of lime juice from one wedge.
- Stir well with a drink mixer and garnish with a lime or grapefruit wedge.
Can you make a batch for a large crowd?
Yes! You can absolutely make this recipe for a large crowd! I’d recommend adjusting the serving size using our newest feature which you can find directly above the recipe, to help you accurately make enough for your party.
You can mix all ingredients in a jar and reserve until ready to use. Then at the last minute just serve over ice.
Want more cocktail recipes? These will never disappoint you!
- Vodka Collins
- Chamomile Tequila Sour
- For a fun treat have a Mangonada with a splash of tequila!
- And of course, my delicious Margarita!
Paloma Cocktails | A Refreshing & Easy Recipe
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 fresh lime wedge
- 1.5 oz Squirt
- 1 lime or grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass with crushed ice
- Add the tequila, grapefruit juice and Squirt soda
- Add one small squeeze of lime from wedge
- Stir well and garnish with a lime or grapefruit wedge
ADD YOUR OWN PRIVATE NOTES
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you'll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.
This recipe was originally published in November 2019. Post has been updated to be show step by step instructions and to be more helpful.
PIN ME to make later!