Let me tell you why I love this meal so much!
When I have to be on the road early in the morning, I never build in the time for a sit down breakfast before I have to head out. I just like to get up, get ready and out the door I go! I rather sleep an extra 30 minutes than to build time for a sit down breakfast. I'm a night owl so I'll take any extra time for sleep when I can 😉 This means, taking something with me that I can eat in the car or at my destination place. Oats & yogurt is my go to meal for these occasions. Always.
My husband on the other hand, wakes up, reads the paper or watches a morning show, eats breakfast, irons his clothes for the day, and builds in plenty time to get ready before heading out to work. I wish I could do that but I can't!
What kind of morning person are you? Do you get up, get ready and go? Or do you like to do other stuff before you have to get out the door?
I kind of feel guilty sharing this "recipe" with you since I don't think it's officially a recipe. It's really just a mix of ingredients that you can do whatever you want with them according to taste. Let's call it an "inspiration" instead shall we?
Make the oatmeal, add the yogurt, and mix whatever you want in it. So good!
Oats & Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup 40 grams rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 227 grams plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 or 3 packets of stevia or your preferred sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional toppings:
- peanut butter
- your preferred nuts: almonds pecans, walnuts, etc.
- chia seeds
- bananas mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, etc.
- Add the oats, water, sweetener, & cinnamon
- Microwave for 5 minutes on half power
- Remove from microwave and let it cool for about two minutes
- Add the greek yogurt and mix well
- Add your toppings and mix until everything is combined
- (notes - the calorie count only includes the oats & greek yogurt (120 calories per serving from Trader Joe's. Depending what yogurt you use and the toppings you add, the calorie content will change)