These Berry Yogurt Popsicles are low in calorie and sugar, high in protein and so easy to make! At 40 calories per popsicle, they're perfect as a snack, post-workout and even for breakfast!
The beauty of these Berry Yogurt Popsicles is that you can use any kind of berry you have handy: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries
For these pops I decided to use blueberries & raspberries since that's what I had in my fridge.
Since I was looking to keep the calories low for this treat, I decided to make them sugar free popsicles by using non-calorie sweeteners but you can use honey to sweeten the yogurt if that's your cup of tea.
Just be aware that each tablespoon of honey contains 64 calories, 17 grams sugar, and 17 grams carbohydrates.
- The main ingredient is plain non-fat Greek yogurt. I love using this type of yogurt since it has no fat, it's low in carbs and has high protein content. My favorite brand is Trader Joe's 😀
I'm lactose intolerant but for some reason I can handle Greek yogurt which makes me very happy!
- To sweeten the popsicles we'll use 2 no-calorie sweetener packets like Truvia. You can also use honey instead if you prefer to use this. Just note that by using honey, the calorie content will change.
- Vanilla extract or if you prefer to make it sweeter, use 1 tbsp of sugar free coffee syrup like french vanilla flavor
- Blueberries & raspberries
- Granola (optional)
How to make Berry Popsicles
We'll start by mixing the Greek yogurt, sweetener, vanilla syrup or vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Mix well with a spoon.
Add half of the yogurt mixture to the ice pop molds. Add a few whole berries in each mold and push to the bottom of the mold with a toothpick.
Freeze the pops for about 15 minutes just to harden them up a bit.
Meanwhile, in a blender puree the remaining of the Greek yogurt and the berries. If the mixture is too dense and it's "stuck" in the blender, add one tablespoon of water at the time and move the mixture around with a spoon until the blender can mix well.
Add the mix to the ice pop molds and freeze at least 3 – 4 hours. That's it! Following these steps you'll have a delicious and healthy treat!
Berry Yogurt Popsicles
- 16 oz Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 packets no-calorie sweetener like Truvia substitute with 3 tablespoons of honey if preferred. see note below
- 1 Tablespoon sugar free coffee syrup - french vanilla substitute with 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract if preferred.
- 4 oz Blueberries
- 4 oz Raspberries
- Granola optional
- In a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, sweetener, vanilla syrup or vanilla extract if using any. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add half of the yogurt mixture to the ice pop molds. Add a few whole berries in each mold and push to the bottom of the mold with a toothpick.
- Freeze the pops for about 15 minutes just to harden them up a bit.
- Meanwhile, in a blender puree the remaining of the Greek yogurt and the berries. Add the mix to the ice pop molds and top with granola if using any.
- Freeze at least 3 – 4 hours.
This recipe was originally published in August 2012 and was updated in May 2019 to include newer photos and more instructions.