Did I tell you I was going on vacation this week? I honestly can’t remember if I did but Mr. Delish and I are in vacation mode 100%!! We arrived in Boston on Monday night and we are having a fantastic time!! If you follow me on Instagram you probably have seen some of the awesome images I have been able to take (if I say so myself 😉 ).
Boston is so beautiful, full of history and the food is amazing!! I’m willing to put on 5 pounds (without regrets) just so I can taste a little bit of the wonderful cuisine this city has too offer. I have taken so many photos so far and I think I will make a blog post about some memorable places we visited. Stay tuned on that!!
Our next stop on Friday is Upstate New York to visit family then we’ll head out to New York City on Monday for the remainder of week. We cannot wait!!
Before vacation started I worked very hard to prepare recipes and blog posts so there wouldn’t be any blog interruptions…..with my hectic schedule I am amazed I pulled it off!!
Well guys, I’m going to make this short & sweet so that I can continue enjoying my holiday :). For now I leave you with these AMAZING Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes that are to die for!
When the dough is super light & fluffy you know you’ll have a very moist cake. That’s exactly how these cupcakes turned out. They won’t disappoint and they’re a crowd pleaser fo sho (see I have a Boston accent already haha!)
Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup milk
For the Creamy Butter Frosting
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream plus 2-3 tablespoons
- Make the Cupcakes
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper back cups
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl stir together brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter and beat on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add granulated sugar, about 1/4 cup at the time, beating on medium speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes more or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined (batter may look curdled but at the end it will blend well).
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the batter into each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture over batter in cups.
- Spoon the remaining batter evenly over brown sugar mixture in cups. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture over batter in cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes (mine took 15 minutes), or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in muffing cups on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups and cool completely on wire racks.
- Make the Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla and a dash of salt.
- Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar, beating until combined.
- Beat in 1/4 cup whipping cream.
- Beat in 4 cups additional powdered sugar. Beat in 2 to 3 tablespoons additional whipping cream until frosting is light and fluffily and reaches spreading (or piping) consistency.
- Makes 4 cups.