A healthy Creamy Chicken & Pasta Salad made with rotisserie chicken, Greek yogurt dressing and a natural sweetener. So good!
I think everyone should know how to make a good chicken salad and a good pasta salad. Why not combine both?
Recipes like this are perfect for spring and summer when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen. You can make it for a picnic, a potluck, or for lunch at home when you feel like something fresh & easy.
What’s your go to recipe for these occasions? I’ve added this to the top of my list for sure!
For this recipe we just need a few ingredients: rotisserie chicken, large pasta, baby arugula (or baby spinach if you prefer), red onions, celery, dill pickles, peas, Truvia® Natural Sweetener packets, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, & fresh tarragon.
If you can’t find fresh tarragon, substitute with fresh chervil or fennel fonds. The flavors are similar and also taste delicious!
HOW TO MAKE THIS CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
Making this pasta is fast and easy-peasy! Using rotisserie chicken helps speed up the process since there’s no cooking time involved other than the pasta.
Make the creamy tarragon dressing while the pasta is cooking and set aside. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, combine the pasta in a large bowl with the chicken, dressing, and remaining ingredients.
Another idea for rotisserie chicken is to add some to this delicious Parmesan Penne Pasta with Bacon to make it a complete meal. So delicious & fast!
My kind of meal, especially during weeknights.Print
A healthy Creamy Chicken & Pasta Salad made with rotisserie chicken and lightened up with Greek Yogurt dressing and a natural sweetener.
For a quick dinner or lunch.
- 4 ounces rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 pound large pasta shells
- 1 celery stick, sliced thinly
- 1/3 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dilled pickles, sliced thinly
- 12 grams baby arugula leaves or baby spinach
For Creamy Tarragon Dressing
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt & pepper to tast
1. Cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling water according to package instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, make the tarragon dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking.
4. Combine the pasta in a large bowl with the chicken, dressing and remaining ingredients.
5. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Serve at room temperature or cold. Store in refrigerator, covered for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
Keywords: pasta, herbs, summer, easy recipes, natural sweetener
This Creamy Chicken & Pasta Salad post was created in partnership with the lovely folks at Truvia®. I’ve used their products for many years to watch my sugar intake and will remain my #sweetener for years! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!