These Shrimp Tacos are full of flavor and come together in less than 30 minutes! Oh and the mango salsa is to die for!
It’s Monday and I’m super excited guys! No, no, it’s not the Monday part that got me pumped up but I can’t tell you the real reason just yet. I know, I’m such a teaser right? I’ll be able to tell you in a few days so hang in there my friends!
So what do you do when you’re excited? You make tacos of course. Tacos make bad things good and good things even better. Tacos are the bomb! These are light shrimp tacos that you can whip together in a few minutes. Perfect for weeknight dinners. I think what makes these tacos awesome is the mango salsa. The fresh flavor of the mango & cucumber combined makes this the perfect summer salsa.
Now I got to tell you about this thing Mr. B. and I have going on…. I cannot for the life of me throw away leftover shrimp! If there is a lot of them left, then I save them for the next day. If there are a few shrimps left then I have to eat them!!! Even if I’m already feeling stuffed like a taco bell burrito they must be consumed. It’s a sin to throw away shrimp did you know that? Mr. B. feels this way about anything in the beef family; ribs/brisket, steak, prime rib….pfftt! typical guy 😉
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 tacos 1x
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 mango, peeled & diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil for the grill or cast iron skillet plus two tablespoons
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon store bought blackening seasoning
- 8 small (6 in) corn tortillas
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pre-heat grill and oil the grill rack.
- Thread shrimp on metal or soaked wooden skewers, running skewer through the body once near the tail and once near the head end of each shrimp so it looks like the letter C.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons of oil and blackening seasoning.
- Brush the shrimp with some of the spice mixture.
- Place the shrimp skewers and close lid on gas grill.
- Cook, turning once, until shrimp are bright pink and opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- Lightly brush the tortillas with the remaining oil mixture and place over the hottest part of the grill. Grill until they start to puff up, about 1 minute.
- Turn using tongs and cook for another minute.
- To service just arrange the shrimp on the tortillas and add the salsa.