This recipe has been on my mind for over two months and I could not wait any longer to make it. Back in February we had a farewell party for my Mother in Law and her husband who moved - they left sunny AZ for the beautiful but cold New York. Don't ask "why" okay... let's just leave it at that ;).
Choosing the menu from the catering company was fun. They had great selections and we could not wait to try it all! One of the options was Curry Chicken Sliders. Paul was opposed to right away since he doesn't like curry! On the other hand, my brother in law does and made the decision to add them. Oh boy are we glad the sliders were kept on the menu. They were a hit! In fact, it was the first thing that was gone. Everybody just loved them - including me - I had about 2, 3? no, I think it was 4 🙂
This Curry Chicken Salad is as good as the one from the catering company or even better! I used rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken as it makes for a perfect weeknight dinner. It's also excellent for friends, a pot luck or a summer reunion. In fact, I shared this with my co-workers and they loved it! They've been asking me for the recipe ever since ... so here you go my friends! Enjoy! xoxo
Recipe adapted from Epicurious
Curry Chicken Salad Sliders
- 3 cups shredded chicken Use rotisserie
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 5 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ to ⅓ cup medium red onion chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup salted roasted cashews coarsely chopped
- 1 firm-ripe mango ¾ pound, peeled, pitted, and chopped (optional)
- Soak the cranberries for about 10 minutes to soften them up. Another quick method is to microwave them for about 1 minute in enough water to cover them.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until blended.
- In a separate large bowl, add the chicken, onion, cranberries, cashews and mango (if using) and stir gently to combine.
- Fold in the mayonnaise mixture and combine all ingredients well.
- Serve immediately over slider buns or store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
ADD YOUR OWN PRIVATE NOTES
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you'll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.