Hi friends! Today’s blog post is short and sweet just like this Dulce De Leche recipe. Okay okay, it’s not really a recipe and you could rather say they’re “instructions” but you get my point. Dulce De Leche is a classic dessert in Latin America but recently it has gained a lot of popularity in the US. Growing up the number one way for me to enjoy Dulce De Leche was in empanadas which I would buy on the family’s weekly trip to the “Panaderia” (bakery). I miss those so much!
Great news for you is that I will be sharing that recipe in the next few days so stand by for that.
For now, let’s focus on today’s recipe and this pretty photos 🙂
There are two ways to make Dulce De Leche:
1) (The time consuming way) By cooking whole milk, sugar & vanilla. This way is a little bit more tedious as you have to keep your eye on it constantly for a couple of hours and honestly who has time for that!
2) (The lazy way) Just boil a can of condensed milk for 2.5 hours. So simple!
Guess which method I decided to use? 😉
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Remove the label from the sweetened condensed milk can.
- In a medium pot, place the can and fill with water enough to cover it completely.
- Turn the heat to medium high heat and once it starts to boil, lower to medium heat. Enough to keep the bubbles going.
- Cook the can for 2.5 hours, covered. Check the pot once in a while to make sure it’s always covered with water. If the water starts to evaporate, just add more.