Delicious and fluffy Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake. This one is made with fresh lemon zest and a ricotta batter making it super moist. It will make your day. Guaranteed!
I think you’ll LOVE this beautiful Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake. It’s does not have a very strong lemon flavor and I have no doubt it will fit all kinds of taste buds. It has the perfect hint of lemon to satisfy that kind of craving. But if you like a more intense flavor I would recommend you increase the lemon juice by 2 tablespoons or 1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest.
Here is an interesting observation for you. A lot of my Mexican friends don’t like lemony desserts. After talking with a friend last week about this same topic, I decided to ask other friends about their preference on lemony desserts. 4 out of 5 said they don’t like any dessert made with lemons; key lime pie, lemon bars, lemon cake, etc. You get the idea. We all concluded that it’s due to the fact that we put lime/lemon juice in most of our savory dishes!! Yes we correlate limes & lemons with savory foods. Not sweets. It was actually interesting to hear I was not alone!
Not until recently I was the same way. That goes to show you that you can develop your tastes. Mr. Delish is big into lemony desserts so you may say that I had no choice but to convert. He has requested lemony dessert in the past (including this gorgeous cake) so little by little my taste buds have change to the point I really enjoy them now. I don’t like them too puckery though and the lemon flavor must be mild. I still prefer the strong lemon flavor for savory foods 😉
I think it’s one of those flavors that you either love or hate right?….How about you? What’s your preference on lemony desserts?
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn.
I hope you like this recipe! Share it, or leave a rating and comment below. For questions that need an answer right away, please contact me and I’ll get back to you asap. Gracias!!!! xx, Ana
Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer over medium speed, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat until mixed well and has a fluffy consistency.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon seat and lemon juice, followed by the ricotta.
- Add in the flour mixture mixing just until incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the poppy seeds and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and invert on a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Combine the vanilla bean seeds with the powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over warm cake.
Muy Delish Notes:
Add Your Own Private Notes
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.