This Jicama Salsa is fresh, crunchy and with only 4 ingredients, it's super easy to make! It's the perfect healthy & refreshing salsa!
The first time I had this Jicama Salsa was at La Santisima Gourmet Taco Shop in Phoenix Arizona. It is our favorite Mexican restaurant in the valley since they serve authentic food and we're all for that!
Before eating this salsa at our favorite restaurant, the only way I used to eat Jicama was sprinkled with chili lime seasoning, salt and lots of lime juice! It is the perfect healthy snack in my opinion.
Jicama in a salsa?
You may think that Jicama does not sound like a salsa ingredient but it does work! It provides the perfect fresh balance for some of the spicy Mexican spices in savory dishes plus its' crunchiness provides a fun but delicious texture.
To make this easy salsa recipe, you will need:
- Fresh Jicama: Pick a firm one without any dry spots on the skin. Diced to about .5 inch cubes.
- Jalapeño: For a milder salsa, I recommend using just one pepper, seeded and diced. Or for a spicier salsa, feel free to add two peppers.
- Fresh Cilantro: Finely-chopped
- Fresh Lime: Please avoid the bottled stuff — your salsa will taste so much better with fresh lime juice!
- Kosher salt to taste
How To Make Jicama Salsa
The good news is that it’s also ridiculously easy to make. To make this salsa all you have to do is chop the jicama, jalapeño, cilantro, then drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle with some salt, and that's it!
Can't get easier than that!
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment and a rating below ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ as it helps other users (plus it makes me happy!). This is one awesome way to support this blog so that I can keep creating good content for you! Enjoy!
- 2 cups chopped Jicama
- 1 large jalapeno diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 limes
- salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix well. Add salt to taste.
Do you love Mexican Salsas?
Be sure to check out all of my other salsas that I have under the Mexican Salsas categories. I'm always looking to add more to my repertoire so if you're looking for a specific one just let me know! I'll be sure to share it here just for you!