Make this Watermelon Sangria and it’s party time! Mix some watermelon chunks, vodka, rose wine & orange juice and it’s ready to serve a crowd. It’s ideal for spring & summer get-togethers.
Patio, grilling and pool weather is right around the corner, and I’m getting a head start with this Watermelon Sangria, which is refreshing and the perfect drink to cool you down.
Even though sangrias are traditionally made using red wine, I personally love the cool and refreshing flavor of a good Rose wine on a warm day. Especially when watermelons are in season, there is honestly nothing better in my opinion that a big pitcher of refreshing sangria.
How to make Watermelon Sangria
Making Watermelon Sangria is one of the most simple cocktails you can make and perfect for gatherings as you make them in a big jar. Just allow plenty time for the flavors to develop and you’re set.
- Place the watermelon & 1/4 cup vodka in a blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Strain the juice through a mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Pour the wine, remaining of vodka, and orange juice into the pitcher. Add the orange and lime slices and mix well to combine.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve over ice.
Did you know that you can freeze watermelon? Yup, you can freeze it in chunks or just juice it and have it ready to serve later when watermelons are out of season.
I used my blender to make the juice but you can use your preferred method for juicing. There are sooo many options available these days which I think it’s a good problem to have.
Just juice & enjoy!
- 4 cups of fresh seedless watermelon chunks about a small watermelon
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 bottle of Rose wine cold
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- Place the watermelon, & 1/4 cup vodka in a blender.
- Blend on high until very smooth. Strain the juice through a mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Pour the wine, remaining of vodka, and orange juice into the pitcher. Add the orange and lime slices and mix well to combine. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve over ice.
ADD YOUR OWN PRIVATE NOTES
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.