This healthy & hearty White Bean Chicken Chili is absolutely delicious and easy to make in the slow cooker. It’s not spicy but it is full of flavor!
This White Bean Chicken Chili is one of the most delicious recipes I have made lately. It’s amazing how something that you throw in a pot together can come out so delicious and it’s healthy at the same time!
Most chicken chili recipes calls for chicken thighs but I made it a little more healthy and used boneless & skinless chicken breast. I also omitted the sour cream as a topping but you’re more than welcome to use it if that’s your thing……or you could use non fat greek yogurt as a healthy alternative 🙂
What’s in this Chicken Chili?
The key for a great meal is to use high quality, fresh ingredients as much as possible. For this recipe we’ll use a few ingredients that most likely you already have in your pantry or fridge.
The stars of this recipe are the chicken and beans. We’ll use boneless, skinless chicken breast (uncooked) since it’s low in fat and high in protein. For beans use preferably cannellini, white kidney, or great northern. Your choice 🙂
The veggies are onion, jalapeño, fresh garlic (avoid the jar stuff), a can of green chiles, and frozen corn (fire roasted preferably). Must have toppings are avocado & cilantro….do not skip the avocado!
The spices are ground cumin, ground coriander, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Also homemade chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth. Note: when buying chicken broth, do not buy the canned stuff. The ones in boxes have much better flavor!
Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread
How Do You Make White Bean Chicken Chili?
It can’t get easier than this! Just add all of your ingredients in your slow cooker except the beans and corn. Cover, and cook on high 4 hours or low 6–8 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the beans and corn; cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Shred chicken in slow cooker with 2 forks.
To serve top with avocado and cilantro. Fresh lime juice and cornbread are optional but highly recommended.
And you may be asking, what size crockpot should I use?
I have a 6 quart crockpot and everything fit in there perfectly!
I hope you enjoy it friends!
This dish can also be made on stove top. Follow same directions by putting everything in one large pot and cook over low-medium heat for 1.5 hours. Add the beans and corn and cook for an additional 30 mins. Total time 2 hours.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced in large chunks (uncooked)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 – 7 oz can diced green chiles, preferably “fire-roasted”
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more if needed according to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper plus more
- 6 cups homemade chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans, preferably cannellini, white kidney, or Great Northern, drained, rinsed
- Top with avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread
- In a 6 quart crock-pot, add the chicken, onions, jalapeño, garlic, chiles, cumin, coriander, 3 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in slow cooker. Pour chicken stock over, cover, and cook on high 4 hours or low 6–8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the beans and corn; cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Shred chicken in slow cooker with 2 forks.
- To serve top with avocado and cilantro. Lime wedges and cornbread optional.
Do ahead: Chili can be made 3 days ahead; cover and chill, or freeze up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1183 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: weeknight dinner, healthy, high protein, slow cooker dinners, white bean chicken chili
Looking for another chicken recipe? Try this amazing Cocido de Garbanzos (Spanish Chickpea Soup)
This recipe was made in collaboration with Kroger/Fry’s Grocery Store. I’m very selective with whom I partner up with as I don’t want to overwhelm my readers with products & sponsorships. Therefore, if you see a company or product I’m working with, it’s because they rock! They help this little blog of mine keep producing delish recipes and showing you the things I love.