Oh hello there! Long time no talk! Can we ignore the fact that I took a 3 month hiatus and pretend I was never gone? You know, like those real friends you don’t see for a long time but the minute you see them again it’s seems like yesterday?
Yes please, I would like that 🙂
Okay, let’s just say life was a little hectic for a while and time was very limited. If you follow me on instagram, you probably already know that my hubby and I bought a house and moved in right after Thanksgiving. Well after getting settled in, plus the holidays, I just needed a break from being busy busy busy! But I do miss this little blog of mine so I’m back!
This year’s goal is to simplify my life (well, honestly I have said that before and I failed big time) but so far I’ve done a good job! I’ll leave the details on the changes I’ve done so far for another post.
I do want to focus on this recipe though since it’s so delicious, healthy & very easy to make. I have no doubt you’ll want to make this over and over again! The key for a great meal is to use high quality, fresh ingredients as much as possible.
This White Chicken Chili is one of the most delicious recipes I have made lately. It’s amazing how something that you throw in a pot together can come out so delicious and it’s healthy at the same time! The original recipe calls for chicken thighs but I made it a little more healthy and used Kroger’s boneless & skinless chicken breast. I also omitted the sour cream as a topping but you’re more than welcome to use it if that’s your thing……or you could use non fat greek yogurt as a healthy alternative 🙂
I hope you enjoy it friends!
Recipe adapted from EpicuriousPrint
This dish can also be made on stove top. Follow same directions by putting everything in one large pot and cook over low-medium heat for 1.5 hours. Add the beans and corn and cook for an additional 30 mins. Total time 2 hours.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced in large chunks
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 7 oz can diced green chiles, preferably “fire-roasted”
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper plus more
- 6 cups homemade chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans, preferably cannellini, white kidney, or Great Northern, drained, rinsed
- Avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, and cornbread (for serving)
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, onions, jalapeño, garlic, chiles, cumin, coriander, 3 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in slow cooker. Pour chicken stock over, cover, and cook on high 4 hours or low 6–8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the beans and corn; cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Shred chicken in slow cooker with 2 forks.
- To serve top with avocado and cilantro. Lime wedges and cornbread optional.
- Do Ahead
- Chili can be made 3 days ahead; cover and chill, or freeze up to 3 months.
This recipe was made in collaboration with Kroger/Fry’s Grocery Store. I’m very selective with whom I partner up with as I don’t want to overwhelm my readers with products & sponsorships. Therefore, if you see a company or product I’m working with, it’s because they rock! They help this little blog of mine keep producing delish recipes and showing you the things I love.