Caesar Green Bean Salad is a twist of the classic Caesar salad. Works perfectly for weeknight dinners as well as a simple no-fuss holiday side dish that will surely impress your guests.
Did you know that the original Caesar Salad was invented in Tijuana Mexico? I did not know this until a few weeks ago! The creator is Ceasar Cardini who operated restaurants in Mexico & the US. I was born in Mexico and I did not know that until recently! This goes to show you that you learn something new every day.
Are you a green bean lover? I am since I love their mild flavor that can be dressed up with anything. Plus they’re a great source of Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate and Manganese.
To read more just visit this nutrition data page
My delicious Panko Crusted Chicken goes perfect with this salad.Print
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced to paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
- 3 oz baguette, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dressing & Green Beans:
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic, anchovies, salt & peppered whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified; set aside.
- Boil the green beans in a large pot for about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the beans and spread in even layer on top of a dish towel. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss the baguette, oil & pepper until the all pieces are coated with oil. Reserve the bowl.
- Transfer to a 12 inch nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until golden brown and crispy. About 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, parmesan & croutons to the reserved bowl and toss with the dressing until combined. Season with salt & pepper if needed.