Caesar Green Bean Salad is a twist of the classic Caesar salad. Works perfectly for weeknight dinners as well as a simple no-fuss holiday side dish that will surely impress your guests.
Did you know that the original Caesar Salad was invented in Tijuana Mexico? I did not know this until a few weeks ago! The creator is Ceasar Cardini who operated restaurants in Mexico & the US. I was born in Mexico and I did not know that until recently! This goes to show you that you learn something new every day.
Are you a green bean lover? I am since I love their mild flavor that can be dressed up with anything. Plus they’re a great source of Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate and Manganese.
To read more just visit this nutrition data page
Caesar Green Bean Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced to paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
- 3 oz baguette, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dressing & Green Beans:
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic, anchovies, salt & peppered whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified; set aside.
- Boil the green beans in a large pot for about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the beans and spread in even layer on top of a dish towel. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss the baguette, oil & pepper until the all pieces are coated with oil. Reserve the bowl.
- Transfer to a 12 inch nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until golden brown and crispy. About 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, parmesan & croutons to the reserved bowl and toss with the dressing until combined. Season with salt & pepper if needed.