A healthy Kiwi Parfait with Greek Yogurt, lime zest, and your favorite sweetener. You’ll have a delicious breakfast ready in 10 minutes or less!
Kiwi season is in full swing and we need to take advantage of this fuzzy brown fruit that is a great source of fiber and vitamin C! I’m all about eating healthy year round but especially during the cold weather since our immune system tends to go down. Pair the sweet yet sharp flavor with other fruits such as bananas, berries and even in a salsa to serve alongside spicy dishes. I bet you didn’t think about that one 🙂
How do you know when the kiwi is ready to eat? It should be firm but yielding when gently squeezed. If it needs more ripening, try putting it in a paper bag with a banana to speed up the process. Just like you do with an avocado!
Most of the time I eat the same breakfast everyday but once in a while I like to change this up and that’s when I eat parfaits or protein pancakes. I’m so predictable!
Here are other easy breakfast recipes you may like:
Coconut Protein Pancakes
- 3 kiwis peeled and diced
- 227 g non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon clear honey or your preferred sweetener
- Mint sprigs
- Blackberries optional
- In a blender, puree half the diced kiwi. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the non fat Greek yogurt, lime zest, and honey
- Fold the pureed kiwi into the yogurt mix.
- Layer the yogurt, granola and remaining diced kiwi in small glasses, sprinkling a little mint on top of each kiwi layer.
- Add blackberries if using any. Serve immediately.
ADD YOUR OWN PRIVATE NOTES
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you'll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.