Enjoy this Easy Salsa Recipe! I’m not kidding when I say this is the easiest salsa you’ll ever make. Oh and delicious too! The base it’s tomato sauce and doesn’t call for roasting or a blender.
Simple Salsa Recipe
Move over, restaurant salsa! This homemade version is super easy to make, and it tastes far better than any store bought kind. It can be used on anything from eggs in the morning, chips & salsa to grilled chicken at dinnertime.
There are times that you don’t feel like fussing with lots of ingredients to make a quick recipe right? Well this one is perfect for those times!
Why you’ll love this recipe
This easy recipe is super simple to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A can of regular tomato sauce. Any brand will do.
- Cumin powder – For that warm flavour with a nutty element.
- Kosher salt – To balance all of the flavors
- Red chili flakes – This is what gives the heat!
- Ground dried oregano – With its fresh, aromatic flavor, it adds something special to this recipe.
- Garlic powder – It adds a nice kick.
- Fresh garlic – For an extra layer of flavor.
- Fresh lemon juice – To make it zippy and bright!
- White vinegar – For tangy depth of flavor.
**Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
How To Make This Easy Salsa Recipe
Check out how easy it is to make this recipe! You know what takes the longest to do? Chop the garlic clove! Everything else takes no time to put together.
Step 1. Start by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. With a spoon or spatula mix everything well.
Step 2. Let stand for 3 hours to allow the flavors to come together.
Step 3. Devour!
How to Store
- Fridge: Store in refrigerator in an airtight container or glass jar for up to 2 weeks. Stir well before using again
- Freezer: Freezing salsa is easier than you think! It’s the perfect way to preserve the fresh taste. Plus, you can enjoy it for up to 4 months
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and rating in the comment section below. Buen Provecho!!
Easy Salsa Recipe
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove finely minced.
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Let stand for 3 hours to allow the flavors to come together.
- This salsa is excellent with tacos or as a dip for tortilla chips.
Muy Delish Notes:
Add Your Own Private Notes
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.