Use Simple Syrup to make drinks where sugar is required like iced tea, cocktails and to keep your cakes fresh and moist!
Simple Syrup is just equal parts sugar and water that have been heated up until the sugar dissolves. Super simple, right? It’s used in cocktails, iced tea, or any drink where you want to sweeten things up without dealing with gritty sugar at the bottom. Plus, it mixes like a dream since the sugar is already dissolved. Easy peasy!
I use this in a lot of my cocktails that I make when entertaining. It’s also perfect for family gatherings where everyone has their own idea of how sweet their iced tea should be.
Water & sugar – To get clear Simple Syrup use purified or filtered water and high-quality sugar. Otherwise it may turn out a little yellowish. It will still taste good but it’ll make a difference on the color.
How To Make Simple Syrup
The process could not be any simpler! Making your own is easier and faster than to run up to the store to buy it!! It’s in less than 4 or 5 minutes. Also, since it’s equal parts of sugar and water, it’s easy to remember for future!
- Just place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a soft boil over medium-high heat.
- Keep mixing the sugar with a wooden spoon to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. This will ensure all of the sugar melts all the way.
- Then remove from heat once the sweetener dissolves.
Tips and Notes
- If you want it thin follow as written and turn it off after it starts to boil. If you want a thicker syrup just cook it longer lowering the heat a little bit after it starts to boil.
- This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups and it can easily be doubled or even halved to meet your needs.
- Here is a secret that many people don’t know about: Use this syrup to brush on cake layers for extra moisture! Plus it will add a little extra sweet flavor. This will keep your cakes soft for days!!
Thank you for stopping by!
I hope you like this recipe! Do you have any questions I can help you with? Or if you made it, I would love it if you leave a comment or rating below.
Gracias!!!! xx, Ana
Simple syrup with skinny version
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup Non-calorie sweetener (or 15 individual packets).
- 2 cups water
- In a small saucepan add both ingredients and bring to a soft boil over medium-high heat.
- Keep mixing the sugar with a wooden spoon to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom. This will ensure all of the sugar melts all the way.
- Place in an airtight container cool completely before storing in fridge.
- Simple syrup last about 1 to 2 months in refrigerator.
Muy Delish Notes:
Add Your Own Private Notes
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.