Use Simple Syrup to make drinks where sugar is required like iced tea, cocktails and to keep your cakes fresh and moist! It’s great to make a batch and keep it handy for when you want a quick cocktail like Tequila Sunrise, a classic Margarita, a delicious and refreshing Limonada.
Simple and easy! I use this in a lot of my cocktails that I make when entertaining. It’s also perfect for family gatherings where everyone has their own idea of how sweet their iced tea should be.
I make unsweetened tea and put the simple syrup on the table in a cream pitcher. Everyone’s happy.
Water & sugar – To get clear Simple Syrup use purified or filtered water and high-quality sugar. Otherwise it may turn out a little yellowish. It will still taste good but it’ll make a difference on the color.
The process could not be any simpler! Making your own is easier and faster than to run up to the store to buy it!! It’s in less than 4 or 5 minutes. Also, since it’s equal parts of sugar and water, it’s easy to remember for future!
- Just place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a soft boil over medium-high heat.
- Keep mixing the sugar with a wooden spoon to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. This will ensure all of the sugar melts all the way.
- Then remove from heat once the sweetener dissolves.
Quick tip: If you want it thin follow as written and turn it off after it starts to boil. If you want a thicker syrup just cook it longer lowering the heat a little bit after it starts to boil.
This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups and it can easily be doubled or even halved to meet your needs.
How to Store
- Place it in an airtight container but cool completely before storing in fridge. Store in mason jars or any glass jar with a tight lid.
- It will last about 1 to 2 months in refrigerator.
Why is simple syrup used on cakes?
Here is a secret that many people don’t know about: Use this syrup to brush on cake layers for extra moisture! Plus it will add a little extra sweet flavor. This will keep your cakes soft for days!!
? If you make this recipe be sure to leave a rating in the comments below. You can also tag me on Instagram at @anafriasb.?
Simple syrup with skinny version
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup Non-calorie sweetener (or 15 individual packets).
- 2 cups water
- In a small saucepan add both ingredients and bring to a soft boil over medium-high heat.
- Keep mixing the sugar with a wooden spoon to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom. This will ensure all of the sugar melts all the way.
- Place in an airtight container cool completely before storing in fridge.
- Simple syrup last about 1 to 2 months in refrigerator.
Muy Delish Notes:
Add Your Own Private Notes
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes.
The nutritional information and US conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data. If this is important to you, please verify with your favourite nutrition calculator and/or unit conversion tool.
I often use this recipe, Ana!
So simple and muy delish!
Needed to post you a bit of remark to finally thank you very much yet again with your marvelous pointers you’ve contributed on this site. It was so seriously generous with people like you to make unreservedly what exactly many individuals might have supplied as an ebook to get some money on their own, specifically considering that you could possibly have done it if you considered necessary. These strategies in addition served like the great way to know that most people have a similar fervor just as my personal own to see a great deal more concerning this issue. I am certain there are numerous more pleasant moments ahead for many who scan through your website.
So simple and easy to make!